Dr. Romero comes from a family of Doctors. His father is a professor with 35 years of experience at the University of Medical School in Tijuana, Mexico, where he teaches in the field of infectious diseases. His mother has been a family practice physician for over 10 years, and his sister is a prominent psychologist with over 15 years of experience.
Dr. Romero completed 6 years and received his medical degree in Tijuana, Mexico. He then moved to Mexico city to continue with his general surgeon degree for 3 years in Centro Medico la Raza, and then plastic surgery in General Hospital for 3 additional years. After he became a board certified plastic surgeon, he moved back to Tijuana, Mexico, in May 1998. At that time, he opened his practice and has been in the same location since.
To verify Dr. Romero’s credentials & membership, you can check online at http://www.cirugiaplastica.org.mx or call direct to the Mexican Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Mexico at 011-52-555-615-4910. Dr. Romero’s Certification Number is #942, and he is an active member in the following associations:
1. Member of the Mexican Board of Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
2. Member of the Mexican Association of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Mexico City.
3. Member of the Mexican Association of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Baja California.
4. Member of the Mexican Board of General Surgery of Mexico.
Surgery as an art form:
Dr. Romero understands and appreciates the fact that plastic surgery is an art form. The ability to understand the patient and figure out if the procedure will satisfy the patient is something that Dr. Romero loves. Patients don’t go to Dr. Romero’s office looking for an operation; they come looking for results.
Asked what his biggest challenges are, Dr. Romero said:
- Safety. I want to make sure that no matter how small or large the procedure is, it has to be very safe. We have to make sure that the patient is in good health to have the procedure or procedures. We make our patients do the necessary pre-operative evaluations before selecting the ideal candidates. We also want to make sure they are not taking any medications that can complicate the procedure. All medications that could cause complications have to be stopped 3 to 4 weeks prior to surgery. In regards to safety, all of our surgical material is disposable for each patient, and our instruments are sterilized by autoclave.
- I spend the time necessary during the pre-operative consultation to make sure I understand my patient’s needs. This quality time will help me guide them and offer them the best alternative procedure for their specific needs. I don’t operate if I don’t understand my patient.
- I also make sure that every patient gets the best personal attention. All of our staff is bilingual, kind, and friendly. With over 10 years of experience, they all share the same philosophy, “There is nobody more important here than the patient.”
- Lastly, I make sure we offer the best surgery for their money. This means high quality material supply and staff at the most effective cost. This reflects on our prices upwards of 30-50% savings from the USA.
SMILE PROJECT FOR CHILDREN
Dr.Romero joins with other plastic surgeons several times a year in his own facility through “THE SMILE PROJECT” to treat underprivileged children who have congenital and traumatic childhood deformities. The project offers treatment and rehabilitation programs,to encourage the children to overcome their disabilities
Dr Romero has a passion for art and adventure. He has been a certified diver for over 20 years and has dived in Mexico, the Caribbean, Australia, French Polynesia, Seychelles, Mauricio’s, Zanzibar, Galapagos, and the Red Sea. He is also a nature lover and an explorer. Dr.Romero has climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro (the tallest peak in Africa), explored temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia, tracked the gorillas in Uganda, and has gone on animal safaris in Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, and South Africa. Dr. Romero has also explored the Amazon River in Brazil and Peru, and has water rafted in the Zambezi River, the African river that is home to Victoria Falls. His current hobbies now are kite surfing, fishing, diving, and tennis.
Tijuana Cosmetic Surgery Fee Estimates for Common Plastic Surgery Procedures:
Arm Lift $3,800.00
Arm Lift – Mini (armpit only) $2,900.00
Artecoll lines nose/mouth (Gives smoother result than Restylin/Thermage) $600.00/cc
Botox Injection $ 450.00 – $150 per area or cc
Breast Augmentation $4,000.00 ($3500)
Breast Lift (no implants) $3,900.00
Breast Lift with implants $4,500.00 ( ($500 more for Capsulectomy)
Breast Implant Exchange $3,900.00
Breast Reduction $4,500.00 (Mammoplasty)
Breast Reduction w/ Lift
Breast Reduction in Men $3,800.00
Brow Lift (Endoscopic) $2,500.00
Bucal Fat Pad Removal (no lipo) $1,500.00 ($2,000.00 if done w/lipo/chin)
Butt Enhancement w/injection $2,700.00 (if done w/another lipo)
Butt Implants $4,500.00
Calf Reductions $3,600.00 (Doesn’t do)
Cheek Implant $2,500.00
Cheek Lift $2,500.00
Chin Augmentation $1,500.00
Dermabrasion (full face) $2,500.00
Dermabrasion (around mouth) $ 750.00 (when combined w/other procedure)
Dimples (on face) Has to see
Ear Lobe Hole Repair $500.00
Ear Lobe Reduction $1,000.00
Eyelids – Upper only $1,500.00
Lower eyelid lift $1,500.00
Eyelid w/bag remvl. Upper & Lower
Face (Full) Laser Resurfacing
Facelift Mini (cheek & neck) $5,000.00
Facelift Major (no eyelids) $6,500.00
Facelift Major (with eyelids) $7,500.00
Lip Augmentation $600.00 (Uses Artecoll for this)
Lip Reduction $1,500.00
Liposuction First Area $1,800.00
Liposuction Two Areas $2,500.00
Liposuction Three Areas $3,200.00 (Special $2,900)
Liposuction Four Areas $4,000.00
Liposuction Five Areas 4,500.00
Liposuction Submental (under chin) $900
Mesotherapy $50.00 dlls per sesion
Mole Removal $300-500.00 (Dr. has to see to quote)
Neck Lift only $2,500.00
Otoplasty (Pinning of Ears) $2,500.00
Pectoral Implants (Male) $4,000.00
Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) $3,000.00
Rhinoplasty – including septum $3,500.00
Spider Vein Treatment per leg – $150.00 per leg
Thigh Lift – Inner $4,000.00 Thighplasty – includes lipo
Mini Tummy Tuck (rare) (120 lbs or less) $3,500.00
Tummy Tuck $4,500.00 (special $4,000)
Tummy Tuck (Extended or +180 lb) $5,000.00 (special $ 4,500.00)
Weigth Control w/med $50.00 dlls. First consult
(Follow-up w/med $ 25.00 dlls )